Military Holds Mass Burial For Personnel Killed In Niger State Ambush
Written by Teniola Akerele on August 25, 2023
The military is currently conducting a mass burial for personnel who died during an ambush and air crash in Niger state.
Bandits had ambushed the troops in Niger state on August 14, 2023, killing 14 soldiers while seven were injured.
The incident necessitated the deployment of the Air Force evacuation aircraft.
The aircraft, however, was said to have crashed killing all passengers two pilots, and two crew members onboard.
According to the programme of events sighted by our correspondent those for burial are
- LATE MAJ SA ONI
- LATE FLT LT ANTHONY DURYUMSU
- LATE FLT LT IBRAHIM ADAMU
- LATE LT GM ODUSAMI
- LATE LT US ALKALI
- LATE SGT FARUK MOHAMMED
- LATE CPL IBRAHIM GARBA
- LATE CPL CHIROMA POGU
- LATE CPL ADAMA ISAAC
- LATE CPL HARUNA JAMILU
- LATE CPL SAMAILA BASHIRU 12. LATE AB SULEIMAN MK (NN)
- LATE CPL JAURO AMOS (NAF)
- LATE LCPL SUNDAY OKOPI
- LATE LCPL EKPANYO EDETD 16. LATE LCPL ALARIBE DANIEL (NAF)
- LATE LCPL BRIGSS STEPHEN (NAF)
- LATE LCPL YAKUBU AYUBA
- LATE LCPL NURA MOHAMMED
- LATE PTE HABIB ALIYU
- LATE PTE TANKO WAJE
- LATE ACM ABUBAKAR ABDULRAHAMAN (NAF)
The event is currently ongoing and the remains of the personnel are being expected as of the time of filling this report.