FG warns that there will be no room for anarchy
Written by admin on October 18, 2020
The Federal Government through the Minister of Information and Culture, Alhaji Lai Mohammed has warned that it will not allow for anarchy in the country amidst the #ENDSARS protests.
He stated this on Saturday when he featured on a late-night Nigeria Television Authority news programme, “Weekend File”.
The programme was entitled, “EndSARS Protest: The Way Forward”.
The minister said the protests had been hijacked by hoodlums and people with ulterior agenda.
He noted that while the original conveners of the protests might have meant well, it was obvious that they were no longer in control of the initiative.
He was quoted saying “We are no longer dealing with #EndSARS but a volatile situation that can lead to anarchy if the government does not take some very firm steps to protect the lives and livelihood of innocent Nigerians,”
Specifically, he said because the protesters are blocking the roads and highway, workers are finding it difficult to get to their offices and back home while many Nigerians are stranded on the roads.
“We have nothing against peaceful protest but there are civilised ways of doing so.
“This is by going to a venue where you are not going to disturb other Nigerians because where your own right stops, other persons’ right begins,” he said.