Davido Bags Second RIAA Gold Certification, becomes the first African artiste with such feat
Written by admin on February 17, 2021
Nigerian Superstar and DMW Label Boss Davido, bags his second RIAA certification after his 2017 smashing hit ‘IF’ got certified GOLD in US by the Recording Industry Association of America (RIAA)
The News broke out through Davido’s Manager Asa Asika yesterday on his social media page.
The GOLD Certification is used to commemorate a single or body of work for moving 500,000 or an equivalent of it, due to the streaming era.
This Certification comes after his first GOLD certification for ‘FALL’ which was certified Gold In Canada in 2017. The hit song was released after Davido bought himself out of a foreign record deal and moved back to Nigeria.
Below are some Feats FALL made after release:
- Billboard Entry – Digital songs chart, R&B/Hip-Hop songs
- Most Shazamed Non-American song of 2019
- Longest running Nigerian Songs on Billboard charts in No 1.
- Platinum Certification in South Arica
- Most watched Nigerian music Video of 2019
Congrats to Davido, more Wins!